Sunday, May 22, 2011

Welcome

I want to welcome you to the Alternative Zoning Blog. I put this together primarily in support of my newest book, available on Amazon and CreateSpace. Although I am happy to promote the book any way I can, my real interest here lies in creating a community where like-minded people can share in their experiences.

The Attaways left the hectic world of the east coast in a covered wagon (minivan) to build a life in the Midwest. We eventually settled down in Germantown, Ohio in a house constructed in 1840. We fell in love with the size and character of our home, and soon happily settled into our new community. As the "new kids on the block," we quickly found that ownership of such a place carried the responsibility of knowing and becoming a part of its history.

Life in a small town is everything we ever wanted. Like it or not, you end up becoming a member of a real community. Relationships with other people ebb and flow, but in the end we always remain part of a larger family. It is in these relationships that I celebrate my life in a small town though my book.

By watching the current television media, you would think cities like New York or Los Angeles  have the market corned on humor. Spend a little time in a village, and you will find that we live our in own excellent brand of comedy. Just ask Garrison Keillor, he'll tell you. And live in a town as old as Germantown, you can't walk two blocks without finding another ghost story concerning someone's home. Alternative Zoning captures both of these elements, and it is on these points that I invite you to share your own experiences, funny, scary, or something that just reflects life in a small town.

Please send me your thoughts, accounts, short stories, essays, or whatever else you have to share to:

 alternativezoning@gmail.com 

I will happily post them for everyone's enjoyment, and welcome comments here or on my accompanying Alternative Zoning Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment